01 March 2010

NYC new release, because Johnny's can't seem to make up their minds about Yuma?

Well I didn't get the usual notification from cdjapan about this release, kinda surprising as I had gotten the regular version of Akuma na Koi/NYC from them, but I guess that's because this isn't another NYC boys release but just a release for NYC (Nakayama, Yamada & Chinen).

But from the cdjapan listing NYC will be taking over from Hey! Say! JUMP for doing the opening and ending theme songs for children's anime series the Nintama Rantarou. So they will be covering Yuuki 100% for the opening theme while getting a new song, Yume no Tane (which more or less translates to Seed of Dreams or Dream Seed in English) for the ending theme.

The LE comes with a DVD as expected but it only lists having 'making of' footage and looking at the Johnny's net information it's footage from the song recording and photo shoot of the cd jacket.

CDJapan listing. (English)

I will warn right now I'm still in that initial knee-jerk reaction phase to this news, which includes some mixed feelings but is overall disappointed. I mean I'm happy for Yuma, as I am a fan of his, but I wish Yamada and Chinen would stick with Hey! Say! JUMP more, or at least until the group has their first album out at least.

Then there's the fact that this is listed to be only NYC and not NYC boys, which means no B.I.Shadow. Even though people complained about BIS being just back dancers I think I would prefer them to remain in the group, even as just back dancers, then to be omitted from it completely as it looks like they have been.

Not to mention the whole fact that HSJ could have had a single back in spring of 2009 for doing the theme song of the same anime series but for whatever reason didn't. So why they didn't get a single for the same thing NYC is getting a single for annoys me considering HSJ fans would have had a much shorter wait between releases if that single was released.

Honestly if it wasn't for the fact Yuma was a part of this group I would just completely pass up on this release. But thankfully even though there are two versions of the single you only need to buy one version of it to get all the songs, as it's only the two, and since I don't care for karaoke tracks I'll just be picking up the LE with the DVD.

Of course now that I'm looking at the Johnny's net listing I'm feeling a bit better about the release as it's getting listed under the special release, Johnny's Jr. and Hey! Say! JUMP sections so it's not like NYC has gotten the major debuted group treatment just yet. I hope eventually either Johnny's will give Yuma his own group soon though so NYC can be dropped, as Yamada and Chinen get a lot of attention in their primary group already so I would rather see some fresh faces get the chance to release something and of course to see HSJ just do more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you also see about that You&Yuma thing with members from BIS and HS7W? I'm not really a fan and it doesn't really interfere with any of the jrs I like, but like you said, I would like to see some fresh faces get a chance to release something. And I don't just mean older groups like Kisumai. But there are also plenty of other 14-17 yr old jrs. that have been working hard for years too if JE is so concerned with keeping it under 20. I really wish they would decide where to put Yuma, all these different groups are just getting ridiculous. I actually think it would be best to wait a few years and just let him have a solo debut. If it were a group it'd probably be named Yumaw/___ and that kind of makes me cringe. If they are contionously releasing singles then they should get taken out of their jr. status already. With so much flipping around with Yuma it makes me wonder if next year there will be a brand new volleyball debut or if it will just be one of the many existing Yuma formations.

Sorry if I made little sense..It's like 4am here and I should be sleeping

kittylynn said...

my opinion of this NYC release is that Johnny san wants to promote Yuma but Yuma still does not have what it takes to bring in sales so Yamada and Chinen is pull in to help bring up the sales. to put it in a lousy way, it really looks as if Johnny san is using Yamada and Chinen's fanbase only to promote Yuma. Once Yuma is able to gain enough recognition on his own without depending on the other 2, most probably Johnny san will also stop with all the NYC stuff. (my POV really)

markl02 said...

It seems to me that Johnny can't make up his mind about B.I.Shadow. First they debuted, now there's another way Yuma gets on stage without any Shadows around. He really believes in Yuma, but I'm just happy that we'll see Nakaken, Yugo, Fuma, and Hokuto in Shonen Club all the time.

Thennary Nak said...

@ Anonymous

Yea, I agree that they should just go ahead and take Yuma out of Junior status if they're going to keep having him release things. Though I really do hope it is a new unit for the volleyball debut next year and not something we've already had even if it ends up having Yuma in it.

@ kittylynn

I agree. Though I'm not sure if they'll quit NYC if Yuma gets big as that could take time and I'm sure after a couple years with NYC, if it is a successful group in the end, then I have the feeling it'll stick around and we will get a NEWS/Kanjani8 situation with HSJ and NYC.

@markl02

I wouldn't mind it if BIS remained debuted or were later re-added to NYC. Though since they all are still kinda 'fresh' to the agency compared to some other Juniors, like Yuma, I do think they probably also need more time on stage for Shounen Club and for the Junior corners at concerts. I see potential in them but they still need work, IMHO.