17 June 2010

Wink Up pg 75 translations (Otsuka Yuya, Kishimoto Shintarou)

Decided to try my hand at translating again today. I wanted to do something more challenging than the introduction profiles but still short so I decided to do a couple of Snow Prince Gasshoudan article translations as the articles for the younger boys do tend to be pretty short. These are the articles for Otsuka Yuya and Kishimoto Shintarou from the January 2010 issue of Wink Up.


Otsuka Yuya

Santa's secret, I also know it (laugh)! I know how he places a game system near the bed during the night, while in your heart you say "Hurry and leave the room", you fall asleep (laugh). After he leaves you suddenly wake up, for that occasion you open the present and start charging! I was so very happy. Now I use a new version of a game system. I especially like RPGs, the next day was a holiday, before sleeping in bed I had fun I thoroughly playing.


Kishimoto Shintarou

Christmas last year I received a down jacket. Because it was rather Western I had been interested in it, so I was very happy. It was the brand from the NEWS CM, I'm happy seem like I'm a little bit closer to Yamashita-kun, who I admire. (laugh). I like it, today I am wearing it. My favorite point, it's not so much the kind of feeling, and my likable motif of the ☆ is about to set a point. It seems this winter I will be very busy.

NOTES:

I can't say I feel complete confidant about these translations. I'm pretty I got what Yuya said overall. For Kishimoto except for the one sentence about points I feel the same but that one sentence I just could not make a lot of sense out of. So I'm sorry that it reads so awkward and please remember there's a good chance I'm off about how it translates out.

No comments: