02 July 2010

Kis-My-Ft2 star in CM and digital CD release

It has been announced that Kis-My-Ft2 will be starring in commercials for the digital music company, dwango, and will release two of their popular songs, Firebeat and Inori, with the service. The downloads will be available on July 5th but only as cellphone downloads through the dwango service.

Oricon article. (Japanese only)

As a big fan of Kisumai I can't help but feel giddy about this news. I know the last time I wrote about the debut chances of the group I felt there were slim without Johnny's doing something to get the group out there and this is definitely a start. As they don't really let other groups release full songs (I do believe digital sales for Johnny's songs are only partial ringtones at best) this is a big thing. Especially if the sales are good and Kisumai does well on the RIAJ (which is the sales chart for digital songs). Being able to claim to be the first Johnny's group to top the digital charts sounds like the kind of thing Johnny's would love to use to catch people's attention about a newly debuted group.

Not only that but this could also be a sign that Johnny's is getting ready to finally begin releasing music digitally so if Kisumai do well then perhaps it won't be much longer for already debuted groups to have their full songs released digitally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

..i was quite suprised when i found about this..its a first for johnny's
and im really happy for Kis My Ft2..maybe it will lead to something..

Thennary Nak said...

I was pretty surprised too but I really hope this is a really good sign for the group.