17 May 2011

Yaotome, Tamamori & Fujigaya to star in drama this summer

This summer the Korean drama, You're Beautiful, is being remade into a Japanese drama that will be Ikeman Desu Ne. The main male leads are all Johnny's, Yaotome Hikaru, Tamamori Yuta and Fujigaya Taisuke and they will play members of an idol band with the lead actress Takimoto Miori.

The drama will air on TBS at the beginning of July and Kis-My-Ft2's debut single song will be the theme song of the drama.

Tokyo Graph article. (English)

I'm so excited about this news for a few reasons. The first is actually the fact that finally someone from Hey! Say! JUMP is in a drama, and I'm really glad that it's Hikaru as I like him as an actor. The next is seeing Kis-My-Ft2 continuing on with getting drama roles as it's probably one of the easier ways to get the general public interested in them. And of course the fact that their debut single has a drama tie-in as that should help with sales. Not to mention it also seems to confirm that there's a good chance that it will be released in July now if that's when the drama starts.

I can't wait for July now.

No comments: