30 June 2011

KAT-TUN's new single

Even though it looks like much of KAT-TUN's plans for the year had to be scrapped or change they are still probably the one of the few groups with a steady release schedule. It was announced that they will be releasing another single, Run For You, on August 3rd.

The single comes in three versions, one LE and two REs. The LE has a DVD with the PV and making of on it. The REs just have a different B-side on them as well as the usual differences with editions like different CD jackets.

Run For You [Regular Edition] / KAT-TUN


Run For You [Regular Edition (First Press)] / KAT-TUN


Run For You [w/ DVD, Limited Edition] / KAT-TUN


I guess this will mean they will have either a fall or winter album. My bet will be on winter because then they can do a tour in early 2012. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see in the end how that all plays out.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Even though there is a continuous fall of sold singles, JE still holds onto them and believes in them and their fans. That makes me happy !
Now I wonder how the new single will sound like.. more popish or rock?

Ani2 said...

Whoa, I´m excited about the new single XD
I´m hoping for a style like "Change ur world" because this is KAT-TUN for me and I feel like their pop style songs don´t have that good sales.
I think it really depends on the song, if the fans like it or not.
It would be awesome to see them over 200k again.
It´s the week right before Kisumai´s release ,right? I hope fans don´t forget about KAt-TUN >_<

Anonymous said...

Did KT always have 3 editions?
And do you know which artists are going to release on the same day?
I want them to be No.1 in oricon.

Thennary Nak said...

@ Jackie

While KAT-TUN doesn't sell as much as they used to they still sell a decent amount. In fact any artist that sells over 100K is doing pretty well. I caught the CM the song is a tie-in and it sounded rather pop-ish to me.

@ Ani2

I liked "Change ur world" too and wish they would release more songs along that line. Though this new song sounds rather pop-ish to me.

Well not all fans of one group will be fans of the other though so I think it would be more important that KAT-TUN fans remember to continue supporting them.

@ Anonymous

I think usually they have three editions and they do tend to break down like this with a LE, 1st press and RE version.

For competition there is Watarirouka Hashiritai 7 (an AKB48 sub-unit), Kaela Kimura, S/mileage, and the rest I really don't recognize or usually don't chart well. So they don't have much in the way of competition.