19 June 2011

New release from Kinki Kids and PLAYZONE 2011 OST

Catching up on release announcements Kinki Kids have an upcoming BD/DVD release of their concert on January 1st, 2011 and this year's PLAYZONE will release a soundtrack CD.

The RE version has the concert and is the version that the BD is for. The LE is DVD only and comes with bonus MC footage and a bigger booklet. All will be released July 27th.

KinKi Kids 2010-2011 - Kimi mo Domoto Family - [Regular Edition] / KinKi Kids


KinKi Kids 2010-2011 - Kimi mo Domoto Family - [Limited Edition] / KinKi Kids


KinKi Kids 2010-2011 - Kimi mo Domoto Family - [Blu-ray] / KinKi Kids


I wish they would have the LE version for the BD as well. As someone who prefers BD over DVD (yay for better picture and sound quality as well as being the same region as Japan) and tries to get the LE versions of concert releases I find having only the RE version for the BD versions really disappointing. I hope Johnny's realizes that there is demand for a LE BD and switch over soon, especially if all future concert video releases will be on the two formats.



Not much information is about for the PLAYZONE'11 SONG & DANC'N soundtrack other than it will have 22 tracks in total and will be released July 20th.

PLAYZONE '11 SONG & DANC'N. Original Soundtrack / Original Soundtrack


I really hope this soundtrack is more like 2009's instead of 2010's. I really liked having the group songs at the end of the soundtrack for 2009 and was sad to see that 2010 didn't have anything like that. I want a good Nakayama Yuma solo song and unless this soundtrack has one I'll pass on it as I did for last year's.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Unfortunately, I´ve never heard the Soundtrack of Playzone 2009, just the one of 2010 so I can´t compare them.
Well but last´s years songs were okay but not that good to be worth to buy the CD. Compared to Playzone, I find for example the songs of "Shinshun Takizawa Kakumei" much better.
I agree with you: Nakayama Yuma needs at least one really nice solo song but one who really fits him.
In fact, he had some solo songs last year, but those were so disappointing. Not because of his singing skills but just because those songs were nothing and absolutely not fitting for his voice.
And I see the same coming this year. I heard Travis Payne will be the choreographer again and I feel there will be lots of dance again. So there´ll be gonna lots of dancing songs.
I don´t have much hope that the soundtrack will be better than last year but we won´t know until we listen to the songs.
But in general, I´m looking forward to the storyline of this year´s play and who is meant by "JR.A".
Do you know who this could be ? Of course Juniors, but I´ve never heard of "JR.A".

Chris said...

Agree, there should be a LE for BD too! But I don´t know if JE realizes it or not..

I found it a bit disappointing that this year is almost the same cast as last year. I mean, there´s Tsubasa again, Yuma, Yara, ABC-Z, etc. I would have preferred some complete new leaders, so it would become more interesting.
But hopefully there will be a nice story and nice songs.

Anonymous said...

I feel different regarding the cast. Me, I was happy when I heard that Tusbasa Imai will appear as the lead again. I love his singing voice and dance, and I admire him as a person in general. He seems to be really kind.
Yuma is so young and did great last year. In my opinion , he is really talented if it comes to stage plays ( of course all other idol activities too). Especially I was impressed by his acting. So why don´t give another chance to this boy to be in Playzone?
And ABCZ, Yara ,MADE etc. those groups almost appear everytime in a stage play.
I´m looking forward to the soundtrack. probably I´ll buy it.

Thennary Nak said...

@ Jackie

I have the DVD of last year's PLAYZONE as CDJapan had it on sale for rather cheap and after watching it I didn't think it was worth getting the soundtrack as I didn't see many of the songs being able to stand on their own without the visuals of the performances. The 2009 soundtrack actually had songs from the performance portion of the musical, which included Kis-My-Ft2's song Hair.

I don't remember him having any real solo songs, as most songs just seemed to mesh into others so it felt like he only had some solo parts. And like you said the songs really didn't seem to match him.

When the cast was first announced it actually had a full list of names of who was participating which included names of people in each group. I can't remember the names though I really didn't recognize any of them so I think it's mainly going to be those who give reports on the musical that will explain what these groups are.

@ Chris

I can't help but think that having mostly the same cast means that this will be the cast that will take over from Shounentai. Which I can't help but think is because it will give Tsubasa something kinda like how Tackey has his two musicals every year.

@ Anonymous

I don't mind having the same cast, and I have the feeling that at least Tsubasa will be back as a lead for years to come. I think Yuma will eventually move on to other things when he's older and can be the headline for musicals and plays.

I think I'm more interested in the songs and the performances than anything else.

Anonymous said...

@ Thennary Nak

Ah I see, so it´s likely that Tsubasa will continue being the lead for many years.
I also believe that Yuma won´t stick in Playzone forever but become the lead in his own stage play in the future. I read somehwere that Johnny-san said, he wants Yuma to take over Takizawa Kakumei soon.
Well I hope for a new drama for him too.