08 February 2012

Akanishi Jin to wed Kuroki Meisa

Well the news breaking out all over Johnny's fandom is the recent announcement that Akanishi Jin is marrying Kuroki Meisa. She is also two months pregnant so the couple will be parents as well by the end of the year.

Tokyohive article. (English)


There was a rumor about them dating a few days ago but agencies played it down as them just being friends but I think this news debunks those official statements. But since they kept their relationship so quiet I am sure this came as a huge surprise to most. Especially with a child well on the way to boot.

Neither of their agencies have made an announcement about the news, but it is still early in the morning in Japan. I am sure in the next few hours there will be more as the morning news programs have been reporting about it already.


Personally I do not think I know enough about them or their relationship to say anything other than if they are happy together and really want this than I will be happy for them. A part of me is really happy to see a Johnny's actually marry before 30 as I believe the last time that happened was when Kimura Takuya married and he is still happily married to his wife to this day. Most of the rest of the married Johnny's of course did not marry until they were quite a bit older of course.

It will be interesting to see if this affects Jin's push into the American market, but seeing as he has done so little promotion for his first two singles I am thinking it probably will not. Though I do wonder how his fans are reacting to the news.

2 comments:

aichan said...

I'm not a Akanishi fan but I don't think Akanishi is right for Meisa. It's just that I don't really trust Akanishi and I have a feeling they might get divorced.

Thennary Nak said...

Like I said I don't know them well enough to pass that judgement. But time will only tell what will happen.