22 May 2012

Shintaro continues to play characters older than him and the return of Takada Sho

Well Akanishi Jin being the lead of the the GTO drama remake is official now. The official announcement for the drama has come out and indeed Akira from the performance group EXILE will be playing the main character.

That said though the drama will not be without Johnny's and this year is looking pretty good for Juniors. Morimoto Shintaro and Takada Sho will have roles as students in the class.

Anime News Network article. (English)


In a way it almost makes Bakaleya seem a bit like a warm up for Shintaro getting another high school student role. There is a chance he will be fifteen by the time the drama begins to air as it debuts in July and his birthday is on the 15th of that month. But I guess Johnny's is making the most of the fact that Shintaro can pass for an older age by getting him these roles. That and I think they are back on track with really pushing him to become a popular actor for them.

I am happy to see Takada Sho resurface. He has a spotty record with showing up for Shounen Club, though I hear that he has school reasons for that. For me he is one of those Juniors that I can see taking a path like Ikuta Toma, Kazama Shunsuke and Hasegawa Jun and put his focus on acting. But I think it will depend on what Johnny's does with him after this role as it was a long break between this and Battery so he has not had the steadiest of work loads.

Overall my interest is piqued with this remake. I never saw the original though I did read the manga it is all based on years ago. If anything I will give it a try and see if it will win me over like Bakaleya has.

No comments: