22 October 2012

Farewell, Akun.

I know I have been slacking with posts here and it is partly because I knew that I would have to write this post because this is something that I do not want to lump with other Junior news.
Apparently a few days ago the profile and voice messages for Igo Akun, one of the guitarist for the Junior band Question? have been taken off the official Johnny's sites. While the profile that came off of TakiCHANnel is not complete proof of this as not all Juniors have their profiles up there for whatever reason and some have disappeared before even though the Junior was still with the agency, the removal of the voice messages has been pretty spot on. I guess they next bits of confirmation we need is for Question? to do something as a group and have him missing. But I think it is safe to say that he has indeed left Johnny's.

While I had given up the hope of Question? debuting some time ago I still do like the group, especially Akun, who was my favorite member. He was always great at being entertaining and getting laughs out of people. I knew whenever he would be given the chance to be in the spotlight I was going to love it. He was always a great highlight to any of the Shounen Club episodes he got to be a part of a segment on. The program just is not going to be the same without him there.

I am going to miss him so dearly and I hope that whatever he decides to do with his life from now on he will be happy. 


My personal wish is that he plans on continuing his career in a band like pretty much all the recent Junior band members from FiVE and Question? I think if that will be the case then leaving Johnny's would be a good idea as they just do not seem to want to bother with debuting another band group, not when you have groups like Kanjani8 and Hey! Say! JUMP that have members that can create their own band within their group. That and they seem to be moving more towards just letting the Juniors that can play instruments do so for concerts without grouping them together. 

I guess the only hope of another Johnny's band group debuting if there is another rock band boom in the Japanese music industry, so I cannot blame any of the members of FiVE or Question? for leaving. Though it does not stop it from being heartbreaking all the same.

No comments: