18 December 2012

Other Idols Master Post 003

Time to round up information for the various other idol groups that I follow.

First up is E-Girls news. They will doing the theme song for the upcoming Getsu 9 drama, Biblia Kosodou no Jiken Techou. They will be performing a cover of the song The Never Ending Story. And yes, it is that The Never Ending Story song from the movie of the same name that came out in 1984.

Sanspo article (Japanese)

I am quite interested in how this is going to turn out, as The Never Ending Story is a rather dated sounding song. Not to mention something that I cannot imagine dancing to like E-Girls songs tend to be with most of the group being just dancers. But it is a wonderfully 80s song, and I am curious if we are going to get this in Engrish.




~*

Yamashita Sean has a new theater role in the play Hashire, Melos! The first show will be on December 27th, 2012 in Tokyo and the final in Osaka on February 2nd, 2013.

OHP (Japanese)

There is information about the story line that this play is adapted of on the Wikipedia page, and it sounds pretty interesting. And I think I would want to watch it even if I knew none of the actors in the production. So I hope Sean well with this venture and I can understand why he is excited in having a role in this.

~*

Despite semi-frequent visits to their official site and recently began following their official twitter account Love La Doll managed to ninja in a new release for December 12th. This is their third single and it is titled Seishun GIRLZ Saizensen.

One of the most exciting parts about this release is that they actually have a PV for the title track. Their past two singles have only had dance shots so this is a step up from past releases. Plus it looks like the PV actually had something of a budget for an indie-idol group.



While I do not like the song as much as what I have heard from them so far I do like the PV and there is always a chance the song can grow on me. Either way I am still happy to see the group finally have their own PV.

While I cannot find the CD to purchase on the usual online stores it is up on iTunes Japan, with the rest of their previous singles, and I figure that is probably where I will buy it from. Especially as the single is the one title track with karaoke version only.

~*

The word cannot end this year as then it will miss out on JYJ's Jaejoong's solo album that will be released in January 2013. The genre of the music for the album is going to be rock as Jaejoong has done well with singing the genre in the past. You can check out his solo Maze from his Tohoshinki days to see an example of this.

Kpop Starz article (English)

I am really excited for this release as a fan of rock music and Jaejoong. I really agree that rock songs suit him well too, his voice is just a good match for the kind of songs that genre produces. And I am glad that the chances of it being available on iTunes US are high so I will have no trouble getting this album when it comes out.

2 comments:

Chiima said...

OMG OMG OMG LOVELADOLLS!!!!! How did they slip from under my raar!? I'm subscribed to them on youtube, oh my goodness...

I NEED TO WATCH IT!!! NOW!!!

Thennary Nak said...

They are like the ninja when it comes to releases. The only reason I found out was because I began to follow them on twitter (https://twitter.com/ROPPONGI_ZOO).

I look forward to your PV review. ^__^