20 August 2013

Bye Bye Sexy Zone Bye

Sexy Zone is set to release another single this year, the release date is October 9 and the single will be a double A-side. The song that currently has a titled announced is Bye Bye Du Bye -See you again-, and the other A-side is still untitled.

The single will come with three limited editions, K, F and S, and a regular edition. There is also a a fifth version that can only be purchased for those with a Japanese address.

Limited version K has a solo for Nakajima Kento on it, Candy ~Can U be my BABY~, in addition to the two title tracks. It also has the DVD with the PV on it. It will also have front and back jacket image with Nakaken on it, with the front jacket coming in three different versions, and the first press bonus is a solo poster for Nakaken.


Limited version F has a solo for Kikuchi Fuma on it, FaKe, in addition to the two title tracks.  It also has the DVD with the making of the jacket photo shoot and PV on it. It will also have front and back jacket image with Fuma on it, with the front jacket coming in three different versions, and the first press bonus is a solo poster for Fuma.


Limited version S has a solo for Sato Shori on it, Onaji Sora no Shitain addition to the two title tracks.  There is also a fourth track, Bye Bye Du Bye -See you again- (Friendship version) on it. It also has the DVD with a dance lesson for a song, Friendship that is somehow connected to the title track, on it. (I will assume this is the Friendship version that is on the CD for this.) It will also have front and back jacket image with Shori on it, with the front jacket coming in three different versions, and the first press bonus is a solo poster for Shori.


Then there is the regular version of the single that has four tracks as well as karaoke tracks for all four songs. It will be the two title tracks, their latest volleyball support song, Young & Beautiful! and the movie remix of BAD BOYS. It will come with one out of five trading cards and a poster of the group.



It has taken me a good while to figure out the title of the single. Of course until the boys explain it this is just a guess on my part but to me it seems the most reasonable. I believe the "du" is actually German, as it is one of the words used for "you" with the meaning that you are talking to someone who is dear to you. Considering the English in the title is "see you again" it would imply that the song is probably having to deal with parting from someone close but hoping to see them again someday. Plus this would not be the first time SZ has used German in a song. Because otherwise all I can come up with is Dubai, and having the name of a Middle Eastern city-state in a song title of a Japanese boy band makes little sense.

If I am right about it being German than I have some hope that Yo Marius and Matsushima So may be a bit more prominent in this single, as Marius is the excuse for using German in their releases in the first place. So I hope I am right, I would actually pick up a copy of the single if I am. (RE only though as I would hope to be able to send some kind of signal I want the group to be about all five members and not just the older three.)

That said I did find a clip of Young & Beautiful! to listen to (and if I listened hard enough I could hear Marius and So) and my first impression was that it sounded like a Kis-My-Ft2 song. But something a bit more like their Junior songs, not so much their current style. I am not totally against this, as I liked Kisumai's Junior songs, but it is a bit weird to hear coming from SZ.

No comments: