01 September 2013

Shori 49

The next late night NTV drama to replace Kamen Teacher has been announced. It is titled 49 and will star Sato Shori for his debut in a leading role. The drama will begin on October 5.

The Juniors that will be in the drama are, Jinguji Yuta, Yasui Kentaro, Teranishi Takuto, Morita Myuto, Shimakake Ryuya, Takahashi Fu, Abe Aran, and Haniuda Amu.

NTV 49 OHP (Japanese only)


Not sure about the plot of the drama outside of the fact that Shori will play a first year high school student and there is something about his father involved. Honestly I am just happy that it seems to be a drama not based around delinquents. I may like those types of dramas but not season after season.

I am curious to see how Shori as a lead actor works out. I knew eventually he would get a chance like this and I was pretty sure it would be for one of these late night dramas. Of course it may take me a while to get to watch this as I am still working on my back log, but with any luck I will be much closer to catching up by the time this starts.

I would not be surprised to find that the theme song for this drama will be the untitled A-side on Sexy Zone's upcoming single. In fact with the single being released in October it is timed just right to have a drama tie-in like this. And if it is indeed the theme song for this drama then having it by only Shori, Nakajima Kento and Kikuchi Fuma like BAD BOYS was would make sense in the fact it would not be the first time they have done it.

No comments: